Friday, June 9, 2017

Portraits and words (retratos y palabras)

Brennan
(Brennan took most of the portraits, his sharing his art, not his words)

Alec
Alec and his group went to the yama farm today!
Sean
I am having a great time.  We have learned so much about Peruvian culture from Gustavo and César.  I can't wait for the Inca trail! 
Austin
Austin
It is (unfortunately not) Wednesday, my dudes! :( But it's cool because Cusco is #lit. We got great food, a great group, great tour guides, and great activities. We even went to a yama farm today. While the drives have been long, Alec's adorable singing and ukelele playing has made the trip all the more enjoyable.







Diego
Our activities so far have given us the chance to see many of the bird species common in and around Cusco. Most of these species have been new for me - Andean Flicker, Rufous-collared Sparrow, and Sparkling Violetear, for example - and I look forward to seeing more species on the Inca Trail.

Sophia
The culture of Peru is not only incredible, but is also a refreshing break from the Pasadena bubble.

Marcela
I have loved learning about culture while walking through the streets, also Peru is not a place for vegetarians         Sofía
This trip has given me the opportunity to experience life outside of the bubble we live in, learning both about history and culture along the way. I enjoyed becoming friends with people I barely knew, and I hope our bond lasts outside of Perú. Also, the Alpacas are adorable :)

Phillip
This is a trip specifically designed for students to have a means of escape from school, yet we still talk about it over a delicious rotisserie chicken dinner. Poly is such a mentally and physically demanding school, and you all rightfully deserve a break. Use this experience as a retrospective upon what you've accomplished this year, and chill out for once. Add me on instagram, myspace, Google +, Facebook, Kik, Twitter, Tumblr, and subscribe to hydration_is_key on Youtube.

McKenna
Hydration is key! Many water bottles have been purchased and we have been keeping our hygiene in check with frequent hand sanitizing parties! On another note, I have learned a lot about this beautiful country! :))
Justin
This trip has been covfefe





Evan
Cavs in 7